Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Fall in Connecticut

Yes, my readers, I live in the Northeast of the US, where the leaves are falling, election signs remain in neighborhoods and it's chocolate season. I could rant about how dogs can't eat chocolate for this entire post, but I'll move on to topic.

Leaves, leaves, leaves! Dogs love leaves! We can hide our stuff in them and dig, dig, dig.

My people rake them into piles. they might as well put a bullseye right in the middle, because I can't resist. Any toy or stick I have goes right in the center. I bury my head in there and it's like a narcotic. I forget where I am - I am nose and paws and nothing else. Maybe a little ears too, because I hear A-Dog call my name from far away. Buzzkill.

So, my advice is to just let it go. How many times a year do us dogs really get to enjoy a big pile of diggable, organic matter? I hear Shoes and A-Dog laugh at me in the way I know I can keep it up. But my canine friends, keep your ears pricked for that inevitable change to impatience. We always outlast those humans. Here endeth the doggie lesson - woof!



Hey! That's my head right there.
Visit RiverDog Prints for Custom Greeting Cards!

No comments: